With an exponential increase in the number of biological samples generated over the past decade, it is clear what the future holds for repositories. Facility space alone is not enough to adequately manage the research requirements of the numerous life science companies. Inventory management is the critical component of a business, that stores and tracks millions of sample units. A key partner for a research company must not only be able to store and retrieve a sample rapidly but must be able to provide each client with a reliable temperature report of that sample, within the facility, over a prolonged period.
- Environmental Monitoring ensures precise control of sample storage conditions, to meet the quality and regulatory needs of life science companies.
- Continuous environmental readings, including temperature, and humidity.
- Assign security roles, electronic signatures and a complete audit trail.
- Support FDA 21 CFR Part 11, ISO and GxP compliance.
- View monitoring logs to quickly identify potential problems before they happen.
Unique identifiers / Tracking Inventory
Every storage unit in our biorepository is given a unique identifier and we can devise a barcode label convention for numbering freezers, shelves, racks and boxes.
Professional, Safe and Secure
BRR occupies 5,000 square feet (sq. ft.) dedicated to the storage of biological & pharmaceutical research materials.
Our facility is equipped with a centrally monitored security system that monitors the facility 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Systems are in place to notify the appropriate personnel to take the necessary action in response to out of range temperature alarms. This is done in an urgent and timely manner to prevent or minimize loss and/or damage to the materials stored in our facility.
All professionally installed and validated equipment operates with redundant power systems.
The operation of all freezers and refrigerators is routinely monitored and the temperature of each storage unit is recorded continuously.
- Advanced Microprocessor control systems
- Adjustable temperature control, range of +1°C to +8°C, factory pre-set to +4°C
- Battery backup of control panel assures function during power failure
- Large walk-in units
- Complete Redundant Systems
- Temperature safety limit alarms
- OSHA compliant slow speed low noise fans
- 25.7 cu. ft. capacity each
- Advanced monitor/alarm system
In addition, all freezer units relay temperature readings via wireless transmitters to a centralized hub and managed with our environmental monitoring software.
It’s a well-known fact that biorepositories require a constant source of electrical power. It’s also a well-known fact that at some point in time, commercial power will fail, temporarily. As a result, a reliable backup power system is critical. The obvious tool to perform this function is a backup generator. As a rule, this generator must have a fuel supply to run continuously for a minimum of 48 hours with the ability to re-supply fuel as needed. Natural gas supplied by a pipeline would be an obvious choice as it generally has an unlimited source of fuel. At BRR we have, therefore, opted for such a resource installed in a secure location to avoid any unnecessary vandalism.
For this system to operate reliably, it is maintained and tested routinely to ensure its functionality.